Altacet gel 75g
Altacet Gel A medicine in the form of a gel for bruises and swelling.
Composition< p> The active substance is aluminum acetate tartrate 10 mg / g.
The other ingredients are: ethanol 96%, levomenthol, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, carbomer, sodium hydroxide, purified water.
Adults and children over 3 years old:
The drug is intended for topical use on the skin. Altacet should be applied to clean, dry skin in aching places 3 to 4 times a day, at intervals of several hours, preferably in the form of compresses.
Do not use the medicine in an occlusive dressing or wrap the compresses in foil. Only drying compresses can be used. Wash your hands after using the medicine unless they are affected. Use with caution in children.
The drug after application to the skin has an astringent and anti-swelling effect, while alleviating pain. The menthol excipient has a local cooling effect.
Altacet is applied topically to the skin:
- for bruises;
- for joint swelling and post-traumatic;
- for edema caused by 1st degree burns.
Do not use Altacet:
- if you are allergic to the active substance aluminum acetate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- for extensive wounds; < li> for damaged skin and areas of the skin with visible eczema;
- for infected skin;
- in children under 3 years of age. li>
Included in the drug excipient - methyl parahydroxybenzoate may cause allergic reactions (possible late type reactions).
Like all medicines, Altacet can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
skin reactions (erythema, itching, burning), which usually disappear after stopping the medicine.
When using the drug on large areas of the skin, using it for too long or too often, Altacet may cause maceration of the skin, and in hypersensitive people erythematous, papular and granulation. A risk of symptoms of hyperaluminemia and hypophosphataemia cannot be excluded if prolonged use in severe renal insufficiency.
< strong> Warnings and precautions
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding or think you may be pregnant, or are planning to become pregnant, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store below 25 ° C.
- Do not refrigerate or freeze .
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the packaging.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice a change in its appearance or smell.