Etopyrine Extra 10 tablets
Etopyrine Extra - a multi-component drug.
The active substances are acetylsalicylic acid, paracetamol and caffeine .
Each tablet contains 250 mg acetylsalicylic acid, 200 mg paracetamol and 50 mg caffeine.
The other ingredients are: corn starch; microcrystalline cellulose; hydrogenated castor oil; alumina, roasted.
Always use this medicine exactly as described in the package leaflet or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Take this medicine by mouth with plenty of water. The drug is recommended to be used after a meal.
The usual dose for adults and adolescents over 16 years is 1 to 2 tablets 3 times a day. The lowest effective dose should be used. Do not take more than 6 tablets (1.5 g acetylsalicylic acid, 1.2 g paracetamol and 0.3 g caffeine) daily.
For elderly patients (over 65 years of age) drug at these doses and at larger intervals, due to the increased risk of side effects in this group of patients.
The drug is intended for emergency use, without consulting a doctor the patient should not use the drug for more than 3 days.
Etopyrine Extra is a medicine multi-component, which combines analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effect of acetylsalicylic acid and paracetamol. Caffeine enhances the analgesic effect of acetylsalicylic acid and paracetamol.
The drug is recommended for the following indications: headache, in particular migraine headache, and other moderate pain, especially of inflammatory origin.
Do not use Etopiryna Extra:
- If you are allergic to acid acetylsalicylic acid, paracetamol or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to other NSAIDs with symptoms such as bronchospasm, rhinitis, urticaria, shock. li >
- If you have bronchial asthma, chronic respiratory problems, hay fever or swelling of the mucosa nose, as patients with these conditions may respond to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, asthma attacks, limited swelling of the skin and mucosa (angioedema) or urticaria more often than other patients.
- If you have an active stomach ulcer and / or ) duodenum and inflammation or gastrointestinal bleeding (gastrointestinal bleeding or ulcer disease may occur).
- If you have severe liver, kidney or heart failure.
- If you have a heart rhythm disorder.
- If you have insomnia.
- If you have a blood clotting disorder (e.g. haemophilia, thrombocytopenia) and when you are also treated with anticoagulants (e.g. coumarin derivatives, heparin).
- If you have a deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (a rare inherited disease). If the patient simultaneously receives methotrexate in doses of 15 mg weekly or higher, due to the harmful effect on the bone marrow.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them:
Blood and lymphatic system disorders thrombocytopenia, anemia, gastrointestinal bleeding, hemolytic anemia in patients with dehydrogenase deficiency, increased risk of bleeding, prolonged bleeding time, prolonged prothrombin time. < / p>
Immune system disorders Hypersensitivity reactions: pruritus, rash, urticaria, erythema, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, angioedema, bronchospasm, shock.
Nervous system disorders Headache, insomnia.
Eye disorders Visual disturbance.
< span style = "text-decoration: underline;"> Ear and labyrinth disorders Tinnitus, hearing impairment, dizziness, reversible hearing loss.
Respiratory, thoracic and mediastinal disorders Pulmonary edema of non-cardiac origin (mainly in chronic or acute intoxication).
Disorders stomach and intestines Indigestion, heartburn, epigastric fullness or burning, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, abdominal pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, gastric mucosa damage, ulcer disease, perforation, pancreatitis. < / p>
Hepatobiliary disorders Focal necrosis of the liver cells, tenderness and enlargement of the liver, especially in patients with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus including systemic rheumatic fever or a history of liver disease, transient increase in serum transaminases, alkaline phosphatase and bilirubin.
Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders < / span> Skin eruptions of various types, pruritus, rarely blisters or purpura.
Renal and urinary disorders Proteinuria, leukocytes and erythrocytes in urine, nephropathy with renal papillary necrosis, interstitial nephritis.
General disorders and administration site conditions Fever.
Warnings and precautions
Etopiryna Extra contains oil hydrogenated castor - may cause severe allergic reactions.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and out of reach of children.
- Do not store above 30 ° C.
Using other medicines
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking or have recently used, as well as medicines you are planning to use. p >
Using the medicine with food and drink
When using drug should not be consumed because of the increased risk of damage to the gastrointestinal mucosa.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
During pregnancy and breast-feeding, contact your doctor before use.
The use of the drug in children and adolescents
Do not use in children and adolescents under 16 years of age.