Ibufen Forte strawberry syrup for children 100ml
Ibufen for children forte is a drug belonging to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) used for fever and pain of various origins.
The medicine is a white to off-white suspension with a strawberry aroma and taste.
From 3 months of age. < / p>
The active substance is ibuprofen: 5 ml of suspension contains 200 mg ibuprofen.
The other ingredients are: hypromellose, gum xanthan, glycerol (E 422), sodium benzoate (E 211), liquid maltitol (E 965), sodium citrate, citric acid monohydrate, sodium saccharin (E 954), sodium chloride, aro strawberry mat, purified water.
Dosage< p> When determining the dose of ibuprofen, body weight (bw) and patient age should be considered. The usual single dose of ibuprofen is 7 to 10 mg / kg, up to a maximum daily dose of 30 mg / kg, divided into 3 to 4 single doses.
The minimum interval between doses is 6 hours.
For accurate dosing, a syringe dispenser is included in the package.
Before use shake.
Do not exceed the maximum daily dose.
Infants 3 to 6 months old (5- 7.6 kg): an initial dose of 1.25 ml (equivalent to 50 mg ibuprofen). Then, if necessary, 1.25 ml every 8 hours. The maximum daily dose is 3.75 ml (equivalent to 150 mg ibuprofen).
Infants 6 to 12 months old (7.7 - 9 kg): starting dose 1.25 ml (equivalent to 50 mg ibuprofen). Then, if necessary, 1.25 ml every 6-8 hours. The maximum daily dose is 3.75 ml to 5 ml (equivalent to 150-200 mg ibuprofen).
Children from 1 to 2 years (10-12 kg): starting dose of 2.5 ml (every corresponds to 100 mg ibuprofen). Then, if necessary, 2.5 ml every 8 hours. The maximum daily dose is 7.5 ml (300 mg ibuprofen).
Children 3 to 5 years (13-19 kg): starting dose 2.5 ml (equivalent to 100 mg ibuprofen). Then, if necessary, 2.5 ml every 6 hours. The maximum daily dose is 10 ml (400 mg ibuprofen).
Children 6 to 9 years (20-29 kg): initial dose 5 ml (equivalent to 200 mg ibuprofen). Then, if necessary, 5 ml every 8 hours. The maximum daily dose is 15 ml (600 mg ibuprofen).
Children 10 to 12 years (30 - 39 kg): initial dose 5 ml (equivalent to 200 mg ibuprofen). Then, if necessary, 5 ml every 6 hours. The maximum daily dose is 20 ml (800 mg ibuprofen).
Children and adolescents 12 years and adults: starting dose 5 ml to 10 ml (equivalent to 200 mg to 400 mg ibuprofen). Then, if necessary, 5 ml to 10 ml every 6 to 8 hours. The maximum daily dose is 30 ml (1200 mg ibuprofen).
The patient should not use the medicine for more than 3 days without consulting a doctor.
This medicine is intended for emergency use. If symptoms persist, worsen or new symptoms occur, the patient should contact the physician.
The drug should not be used in infants weighing less than 5 kg.
In patients with mild and moderate impairment of kidney and / or liver function, there is no need to reduce the dose of Ibufen for children with FORTE strawberry flavor.
No dose adjustment is required for elderly patients.
If you use more Ibufen for children than FORTE with a strawberry flavor
Cases of overdose are rare, but if you have accidentally taken too much, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Most patients may experience nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain or diarrhea. Tinnitus, headache and bleeding from the stomach or intestines, as well as apnea and hypotension may also occur. Severe intoxication affects the central nervous system and manifests itself as drowsiness, and very rarely also excitation and confusion or coma. Seizures may occur very rarely. During severe poisoning, metabolic acidosis may occur and prothrombin time (INR) may be increased. Acute renal failure or liver damage may occur.
Asthma exacerbation may occur in patients with asthma.
There is no specific antidote. Treatment is symptomatic and supportive. Your doctor will consider giving activated charcoal within one hour of an overdose.
If you forget to take Ibufen for children with a strawberry flavor FORTE
Don't stack double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory.
Ibufen for children Forte is intended for use in children, adolescents and adults in the following cases:
- fever of various origins (also in viral infections),
- pain of various origins of mild to moderate severity (also earaches occurring in inflammation of the middle ear).
Do not use:
- if you are allergic to ibuprofen or any of the following the other ingredients of this medicine,
- if you have ever suffered from shortness of breath, asthma, rhinitis or hives after taking acetylsalicylic acid or other similar painkillers (NSAIDs),
- if you have or have a history of stomach and / or duodenal ulceration, or gastric bleeding,
- if you have had gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation associated with previous NSAID treatment,
- if you have severe liver, kidney or heart failure,
- do not give infants weighing less than 5 kg,
- if you have a bleeding disorder,
- if you have cerebral bleeding or other active bleeding,
- if you have severe dehydration (caused by vomiting, diarrhea or inadequate consumption of ynow),
- during the last three months of pregnancy
Warnings and precautions
Take special care with Ibufen for children with FORTE strawberry flavor:
- if you have some skin conditions (systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) or mixed connective tissue disease). If you have severe skin reactions such as exfoliative dermatitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis. Treatment should be discontinued immediately after the first appearance of skin rash, mucosal lesions, or any other signs of allergic reaction,
- if hereditary haematopoietic disorders (acute transient porphyria) are found,
- if or have ever had bowel disease (ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease),
- if you have high blood pressure,
- if you have kidney problems,
- if hepatic impairment was found
- immediately after major surgery
- if asthma or allergic disease is present or present, as dyspnoea may occur,
- if hay fever is present , nasal polyps or chronic obstructive respiratory disorders, as there is an increased risk of allergic reactions. Allergic reactions may occur in the form of attacks of shortness of breath (so-called analgesic asthma), Quincke's edema or urticaria,
- taking medications such as Ibufen for children with a strawberry flavor FORTE may be associated with a small increased risk of heart attack (heart attack) heart disease) or stroke. This risk is increased by taking long-term high doses. Do not take higher doses and longer treatment times than recommended;
- if you have heart problems, have had a stroke, or think you are at risk of these disorders (e.g. increased blood pressure, diabetes, increased cholesterol, smoking) tobacco) should discuss treatment with a doctor or pharmacist,
- if blood coagulation is abnormal,
- co-administration with other NSAIDs, including selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors, should be avoided due to to an increased risk of side effects (see 'Ibufen for children with strawberry-flavored FORTE and other medicines' section below),
- for long-term use, regular monitoring of liver, kidney and morphology parameters is required. blood.
Taking the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration necessary to relieve symptoms jsza risk of side effects. Elderly people are more likely to experience side effects.
There is a risk of gastrointestinal haemorrhage, ulceration or perforation, which may be fatal and not necessarily preceded by warning signs or may occur in patients. with whom warning symptoms were present. If gastrointestinal haemorrhage or ulceration occurs, the drug should be discontinued immediately. Patients with a history of gastrointestinal diseases, especially the elderly, should inform the physician of any unusual gastrointestinal symptoms (especially bleeding), especially at the beginning of therapy.
NSAIDs, to which ibuprofen may mask the symptoms of infection and fever.
Simultaneous, long-term use of various painkillers may lead to kidney damage with the risk of kidney failure (resolute nephropathy).
Contact your doctor , if you are taking other medicines, especially anticoagulants, acetylsalicylic acid and corticosteroids.
There have been isolated reports of toxic ambliopia (decreased visual acuity) while taking ibuprofen, so any visual disturbances should be reported to your doctor.< p> After prolonged use of painkillers, headaches may occur which may do not treat with increased doses of the drug.
Side effects h4 >
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Ibufen for children with a strawberry flavor FORTE is generally well tolerated, but may occur during use. Side effects.
During the short-term use of ibuprofen in over-the-counter doses, the following side effects have been observed. Other side effects may occur with ibuprofen for other indications and for a long time.
Side effects are ranked by frequency using the following terms:
Very common (affecting more than 1 in 10 patients)
Common (more than 1 to 10 patients in 100 patients)
Uncommon (more than 1 to 10 patients in 1000 patients)
Rare (more than 1 to 10 patients in 10,000 patients)
Very rare (less than 1 in 10,000 patients).
Very rare: < / strong>
Exceptionally skin infections in chickenpox. Exacerbation of infection-related inflammation (e.g. necrotizing fasciitis) has been reported with some painkillers (NSAIDs).
If you develop or develop symptoms of infection while using the medicine, contact your doctor immediately. It should be evaluated whether there are indications for anti-infective therapy (antibiotic therapy).
Symptoms of sterile meningitis with neck stiffness, headache, nausea, vomiting, fever or impaired consciousness have been observed with ibuprofen. Patients with autoimmune diseases (SLE, mixed connective tissue disease) appear to be at greater risk of this complication.
Disorders of blood cell formation, the first symptoms are: fever, sore throat, erosions in the mouth, symptoms flu-like, severe exhaustion, nose and skin bleeding. In such cases, treatment should be stopped immediately and a doctor should be sought. Do not use painkillers or fever-lowering (antipyretic) drugs on your own.
Esophagitis, pancreatitis, diaphragm-like narrowing of the intestine.
If you have severe epigastric pain, blood vomiting or tarry stools should stop treatment and seek medical attention.
Severe hypersensitivity reactions, which may include swelling of the face, tongue and throat, shortness of breath, increased heart rate, low blood pressure, shock. If one of the above symptoms occurs, which may occur after the first use of the drug, immediate medical attention is required.
Psychotic reactions, depression.
During high-dose treatment with NSAIDs have been reported cases of palpitations, heart failure, myocardial infarction, edema, hypertension and circulatory failure.
Liver damage (the first symptom may be abnormal skin coloration), liver damage concerns long-term treatment, liver failure, acute hepatitis.
Acute skin reactions, including rash with redness and blisters, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and tissue necrosis.
Reduced urine output ; increased sodium in plasma; inflammation of the kidneys (interstitial nephritis), which can lead to acute renal failure. Side and / or abdominal pain, blood in the urine and fever may be signs of kidney damage (papillary necrosis). If you get these symptoms or feel generally unwell,you should stop taking the medicine and see a doctor immediately, as these may be the first signs of kidney damage or kidney failure.
Drugs like Ibufen for children with strawberry flavor FORTE can very rarely lead to kidney disease. Side and / or abdominal pain, blood in the urine and fever may be signs of kidney damage (papillary necrosis). Increases in blood urea may also occur rarely.
Hypersensitivity reactions with skin rashes and pruritus, as well as dyspnoea attacks. Stop taking the medicine and tell your doctor immediately.
Headache, dizziness, insomnia, agitation, irritability and tiredness.
Perforation or bleeding from the digestive tract, tarry stools and bloody vomiting, exacerbation of existing colorectal disease (ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease), gastritis.
Gastrointestinal symptoms, such as heartburn, stomach ache and nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, flatulence, constipation, and slight bleeding from the stomach and / or intestines, may in exceptional cases lead to anemia. p >
Taking medications such as Ibufen for children with a strawberry flavor FORTE may be associated with a slightly increased risk of heart attack (heart attack) or stroke.
Ed Precautions and Precautions
Ibufen for children strawberry flavor FORTE contains liquid maltitol (E 965) If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine. < / p>
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store below 25ºC.
- This medicine is suitable for use within 6 months of first opening the bottle.
Use other medicines
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking or have recently used, as well as medicines you plan to use.
Use of the drug with food and drink
The drug is administered after meals, with a large amount fluids.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Contact your doctor before using during pregnancy and breastfeeding.